The undergraduate study program Dentistry, has a duration of 6 years in Slovakia and 5 years in Ukraine.
Provides general knowledge’s on diagnostics, prevention and treatment of the diseases affecting the oral cavity and human teeth.
The pre-clinical and clinical part includes practice in the two most commonly occurred chronic infectious diseases of the population:
- dental caries
- periodontal diseases
and their complications, as well as other states that affect oral cavity and maxilla – facial part.
During the whole length of the studies, students obtain also general medical knowledge’s which are required for health prevention with special orientation for health and diseases of oral cavity in connection with the whole organism.
Study system in Slovakia:
- 1st to 2nd year’s courses provide theoretical knowledge
- 3rd year starts the pre-clinical lectures and pre-clinical practice to the hospitals.
- 4th to 6th year starts clinical experiences in the hospital.
After passing the 5 state examinations:
- 2 of them in 5th year, Surgery and Internal medicine
- 3 of them in 6th year, Orthopedic Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Therapeutic Dentistry
the graduate obtains the degree MDDr. Medicinae Dentale Doctor.